Home > Articles > How To Stay Raw During The Holidays
How To Stay Raw During The Holidays
By: Mark Idzik
With all the parties during the holidays, there are many temptations and opportunities to get cooked.
I like to look at it a little differently.
Since this time of year is for celebration, giving and appreciation, I see it as an opportunity to grow stronger in your convictions and celebrate them... celebrate your path to awesome health through a vegan raw lifestyle.
By growing in your healthy relationship with yourself, you not only grow into better health, your relationships with others blossom as well.
And in addition to sharing gifts with friends and loved ones, what better time to give yourself a gift... the gift of awesome health (only you can do it).
Here are some ideas to thrive during the holidays:
Celebrate and enjoy the holidays, vegan and raw!
- instead of attending a party, throw your own. Include raw and healthy alternatives to the normal heavy and fattening dishes.
- when attending dinner parties, bring your own dish. You can always eat your own dish if there are no healthy alternatives.
- if the topic of why you may not be eating something comes up, mention that this is what you feel like eating (the raw and healthy alternative).
- eat more fruit!
- focus on the social part of the events rather than the eating.
- take some time out for yourself and celebrate your life and raw journey.
- have plenty of fruit and salads handy to eat and share during the holidays.
- find raw potlucks or meetups in your area and visit with link-minded friends.
- eat a raw meal or snack before attending an event so you won't be hungry. Gives you more time to visit.
Mark Idzik is a natural health advocate and helps others learn and succeed in the raw food lifestyle. You can get free raw food tips, recipes and resources at his blog at VeganRawDiet.com